- 12 ounces chorizo or pork sausage
- 2 cups frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 14 1/2ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 15 ounce can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup shredded Mexican-blend cheeses or Colby and Monterey Jack cheese (3 ounces)
- Remove casing from sausage. In a large skillet cook sausage over medium heat for 10 to 15 minutes or until brown. Drain in a colander; set aside.
- Add corn, tomatoes, uncooked rice, the water, chili powder, and cumin to skillet. Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer about 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Stir in beans and cooked sausage; heat through.
- Sprinkle with cheese; cover and let stand for 2 to 3 minutes until cheese is slightly melted.